Saturday, January 22, 2011

Moments

In the stillness. In the quiet. Know that I am GOD.

Wow, have you ever been sitting in the quiet and those words just come to you? I have lately been feeling an overwhelming sense of God and his presence and the need for me to be in His presence more. Every one keeps telling me I need to rest, don't stress and relax. Yes I do need to rest in the arms of my Father. I need to hand my stress and anxiety over to him and when I hand it over, really hand it over and let it go. Yes I need to relax, relax in the arms of my heavenly father and know that He is God!

My heart is so full of need. Need to spend more time in my bible. Need to dive into those holy and precisous words of grace more abundant and free. Need to study His word and KNOW it, deep down in my soul....KNOW those words that HE speaks. Need to just be quiet and still in HIS presence where only the heavenly father can rejuvenate me. Need to spend time in His love, in His arms.

Have you ever had these moments? I honestly and truly LOVE when I have these moments and they usually come to me when I am in desiring the things of the world. The Father brings me back to reality and says, "No no no....that's not good for you." And then I stumble on things like this website...she is in my follow category, she updates and writes several times a day and I usually just skim over if I even look at the blog.  Today, today was different. I took the time to read it and really soad in what she said. It was about children and creativity and just being and how it all ties in to our heavenly Father. I wrote down a quote from her in my proof of life book and it says,

"The Bible tells us that we are God's masterpieces (poiema in Greek); not only creatures, but His creations, His poems (Eph 2:10).  We are living epistles (2 Cor 3:3)" and also she quoted this "And so, our lives are meant to be listened to, because it is God who is speaking into and out of and through the symphony of the years and the masterpiece of a lifetime." Michael Card.

Wow...I really reflected on all this as I read her blog today.  Made me take a step back and look at my own children and my own life and how I want to improve on things.

What do you think? What do you hear in the stillness and the quiet?

No comments:

Post a Comment