Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Eve

Good morning! I hope this post finds you all in a festive spirit and a heart full of family and love wherever you are.

I know, I know...it's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted! I was doing soooo well and then BOOM...epic failure! Rest assured I am making up for it this morning with a PICTURE HEAVY BLOG POST!!!!! (consider yourself fore-warned)

This is my 3rd year to participate in a December Daily Album that was originated Ali Edwards here which is this years album :) I just LOVE her! I am so grateful to her for the inspiration. I am very big about making whatever I have work for the album. She is always saying to make it your own and make it work for you. So, that's what I do. I don't buy any fancy albums or kits....I just work with what's in my supplies. This year I have dug through my goodies and pulled out ANYTHING that I thought I MIGHT use......

My 31 bag full of papers, embellies, trimmer, adhesive, punches and sprays


This smaller one has my crop-a-dile, my markers and gellatos, ink pads, and extras :) These bags make me happy! 

I wanted everything easily accessible because when December arrives we are BUSY with activities at church, school and this year we've added basketball and I don't have time to do a lot of searching for stuff. I wanted to grab my bag and document. Plus, this year, which I tried to avoid but I cannot....we are going to be moving out of our house during the month so if this is all together I can still get a little creative time in at night :). 

Without further a-do here is my December Daily: (note it is only the foundation pages) 

for my cover I used a Heidi Swap chipboard file folder mini and covered it with paper :) 











The 24th has a "flap" attached *see below*


And I wanted to make a tree so I used some extra's from my pages to create this one :) Oh and I just covered the chipboard with Heidi Swapp Primrose Colorshine found here! (and as a side note apparently I forgot to take pics of days 8 and 9 but they are there!)

Everything I used to create this album, or almost everything I got out of Glad Tidings Kit that can be purchased on the 25th at Noel Mignon! She literally has THE BEST KITS EVER! When we were making cuts in our family budget I refused to give this up and am willing to sub at the school one day a month to pay for it! :D LOL.....she's awesome! I made this album for the whole month and I still have TONS left over....several pages I have not even touched yet!!!!!! 

So I hope you enjoy my album.....my pages are simple but it works for me b/c I write a lot and take a LOT of pictures in december.....so there's room for me to add more pages as I go....Love that! 

Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving holiday! 













12 comments:

  1. wow! Those foundation DD pages are just stunning! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great album Shannon - looking forward to seeing it with all the pics & memories in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls :) Y'all know how to make a girl feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are adorable, I can't wait to see how you fill it out :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your album!
    Looking forward to see what you are up to during the month of December.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Sounds like you'll be pretty busy this December. Love your album!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the foundation of your DD. It looks amazing. thanks for sharing and I look forward to watching it fill up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Shannon! Love to see your prep for DD! you are featured on Paper Issues tonight! :)Thanks for linking us up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lori! I'm so honored!!!!

      Delete