Friday, April 28, 2017

Week In The Life 2017: Review

Howdy hey, Howdy ho! The last time I was posting a blog post it was about week in the life 2014...so 3 long years of no blogging!!!! What the heck?! I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things. We have moved rooms around several times over the last 3 years and I finally have my computer in a place where I feel like I can write. I've decided blogging is like therapy and easier to type it all out than to hand write in a journal.

Anyway-on to the point of this blog post. I participated in Ali Edwards WITL 2017 project. I haven't participated in a few years. I also did not blog every evening, which was my intentions but my computer was in limbo. So here I am a week AFTER the project is finished. I came home tonight and started working on my words, my album and my pictures. I decided to do like Ali did-I typed my all up on the same format. Luckily I had kept a handwritten journal for most of the week. It was fairly easy for me to just type them all up. I made a title page or a "We Are" page. I really like how it turned out too. My next step is to cut them all down from the 8.5x11 cardstock sheet, punch holes in them and stick them into my album.

My pictures-I don't have an at home printer so I had to upload them to my computer, and see what I had to work with. I also do not have photoshop or anything fancy...so my pictures are what you see is what you get. I did use a pic collage on my phone to make some 3x4 size pictures. I didn't do any full size 6x8 pictures this time. I needed simple and what I know how to work with. My life is super crazy and chaotic and I need S.I.M.P.L.E. That's ok. It works for me. I just used Wal-Mart. I can pick them up tomorrow and hopefully get my album put together on Sunday afternoon or possibly on Saturday night.

My album-I really wanted Ali's WITL album kit. I have coveted it for a few weeks....but I cannot justify it right now. So, I had a SN@P album I had gotten from a secret sister with some inserts and I am re-purposing this album and inserts. It works for me. Ali is always saying "do what works for you. What works for me might not work for you." So, I ended up taking that to heart. I wanted to do this project so now the only thing I have to purchase is my photos and even those are not super expensive. I got resourceful. Do what works for you and your resources. If you don't have the money to purchase a special album or inserts or any fancy new supplies then make what you have on hand work. It's OKAY.

Here are a few pictures from my week. I will post about my album as I work on it. Let's face it, the reality of me getting it done in one or even 2 days is not likely. Especially when my Saturday is full of soccer games and a birthday party for one special little girl in our house. Again-it's ok. I will get it done. It will be complete. I will feel accomplished.










Happy weekend everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment