Thursday, May 10, 2018

Wednesday Words and Photos

Today was busy for me today.  I tried to get done some house stuff. Our living situation is different right now so we are all trying to adjust and work together.  Some days that doesn't work out like it should and others it does.  I didn't really have one thing in mind throughout the day, not a word or phrase or anything really that reminded me to take pictures or focus on my day. It happens.

This has become my morning breakfast routine, after a cup of coffee of course. I blend an advocare meal replacement shake (peanut butter and chocolate) with a banana and spinach. I know-it sounds sooo gross but a friend convinced me you can't taste the spinach and it's a good way to get some greens in.  Turns out she was right! I also mix a fruit punch spark with an orange rehydrate after my shake and during my morning walk.  This combo has been amazing for me. I usually do all of this, drop the kids off and go walk for 20-30 minutes.  My sleep has improved, my mood, no headaches, no sodas. 


This is after returning home from my walk with a friend.  I am reminding myself that I can do this. I can make changes to improve my health. I can enjoy this.  For years I have wanted to be one of those that run 5k's for fun, but I am not there yet. I will be. I am determined. This week I'm just working on routine and consistency. I have been making better food choices too. It all works together.

I hate laundry. Yes I know hate is such a strong word and I don't usually use it but in this case it's true. This laundry consists of 3 baskets FULL of clothes that have been washed for about a week or maybe 2 (and this doesn't count the load I had in the washer and dryer).  As I was folding this close and watching a documentary about a woman going through throat cancer, I was reminded that this laundry means I have people around me that love me, that count on me and that need me.  It also gave me another reason to remember why I'm on a healthy journey.  It was a good reminder and I needed it. (especially since I have more to do today).

I hope you have a happy Thursday and remember why you are doing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment